Dehydration is the loss of water in the body, where skin loses its ability to retain moisture in the epidermis. This is due to a number of external and internal factors such as the natural aging process, environment and lifestyle. Dehydrated skin can fall into the following categories: dry, oily, sensitive combined.
- The skin feels dry, tight and taut
- May cause irritation, redness and itching
- It looks or feels rough
- Slightly or excessive flaking
- More visible fine lines/wrinkles
- Lack of water - water intake is the most important element for hydrating skin.
- Climate - cold winds and low temperatures dry out the skin. The warm, dry air from air conditioning also pulls moisture from the skin.
- Sun - prolonged exposure to the sun leads to evaporation of water from the skin and dryness.
- Lifestyle - poor diet; smoking; alcohol, tea and coffee also dehydrate the skin.
- Aging – Aging slow down the sebaceous glands activity which reduces the natural moisture levels in the skin.
- It is necessary to recover the lack of water in the skin.
- Best Products to use